Claims defensibility and analysis
- Prompt notification and investigation of incidents/claims
- Continually improve and update record keeping
- Proactive and ongoing training properly recorded, possibly in employee’s first language
- Being prepared for potential legal action
- Claims management protocols for post-event actions
- Ongoing detailed analysis of incidents and claims, which informs future training needs and provides important information for insurers
- We handle and manage complex claims situations
- We review insurance and indemnity clauses — matching these to the insurance policies in place
- We complete a “gap analysis” between insurance protection provided and liability assumed under contract
- We can review construction contracts, supply contracts, real estate and property contracts, and many others
- We work with a wide variety of stakeholders, which can include vendors, purchasers, lenders and borrowers
- We work with legal firms, lending institutions and investors to deliver effective solutions
- We help to identify key operational/insurable risks including environmental, cyber and employers’ and public liability related risks
- We approach due diligence on a commercial basis – we represent the best interests for whom we are acting, based on realistic and practical positions
Mergers and acquisitions (M&As)
- This is closely linked to due diligence exercises
- We examine and assess M&A-related risks that could impact a transaction, and provide specialist insurance solutions — examples of these are insurance to meet the requirements of warranties and indemnities, tax advice liability and insurance for contingent risks that could impact a transaction
- We design specialist insurance products to facilitate transactions and remove potential issues that could complicate completion
Business interruption and continuity
- We undertake insurance risk assessments to help companies protect their revenue flows and P&L profitability
- This underpins a company’s “brand” and reputation – can you maintain your customer base?
- As a finance director, do you know, specifically, how a business interruption claim is assessed and settled? If not, we can help
- Are you confident that in the event of a major event your business interruption insurance would adequately reinstate your P&L?
- Have you got or considered a detailed business continuity plan, and do you know which elements of this insurers will pay for?
Get in touch
If you need an insurance solution, let’s talk!